At the beginning of each quarter, we evaluate our need for undergraduate research assistants (RAs). If needed, we generally bring new RAs into the lab during the first week or two of the quarter.
- A great attitude.
- A GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- An interest in clinical psychology, criminal law, and research.
- Ability to work 10 hours per week (preferably during normal business hours).
- Ability to spend multiple quarters in the lab.
Research responsibilities associated with our projects vary over time, and may include:
- Data entry
- Literature searches and reviews
- Interviewing offenders at local community corrections agencies.
- Please see the ‘Projects’ page for detailed descriptions of current studies.
- Course credit
- We strongly encourage RAs to sign up for SE198 or SE199 credit during their first quarter in the lab. Registration for credit after the first quarter is optional
- A letter of recommendation
- Potential advancement to managerial and paid positions.
Interested? (We will begin hiring in fall 2013)
- Carefully read the requirements above
- Complete the Research Assistant Application and return it along with an unofficial copy of your transcript to Caroline Chow (firstname.lastname@example.org) via email or mail (4231 Social and Behavioral Science Building, Department of Psychology and Social Behavior, University of California, Irvine, Irvine, CA 92617)
- For further information, please contact Caroline Chow (email@example.com)